Emerald City Theatre Job Opportunities (1)
Job Title: Box Office Manager
Type of employment: Full-time
Department: Audience Services
Reports to: Assoc. Director of Marketing & Audience Services
Box Office Manager duties include:
- Oversee Audience Services Coordinator(s) and act as point person for customer or ticketing issues.
- Assist with creating and checking of all reporting tools.
- Assist with creation and checking of event builds in Ticketmaster and Patron Manager.
- Act as point person for trouble shooting Patron Manager issues & assist with training and implementation of system.
- Oversee student matinee ASR, filling in as needed or assigning someone to fill in.
- Update sales report weekly.
- Conduct monthly performance calendar checks with production team.
- Oversee payment reminders for all forms of revenue.
- Document departmental policies including: on sale dates, discounts, customer outreach, etc.
- Working closely with the Education department, act as point person for patron questions pertaining to education enrollments.
- Answer main phone line-give general info, transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Be aware and well informed of happenings in all departments
- Co-Manage voicemail, general e-mail and standard mail distribution
Sales (single tickets, groups, birthdays, tours, matinees, subscriptions, theater school, special events, other)
- Answer questions (i.e. cost, payment requirements, other)
- Take orders and process internal/external paperwork
- Assist with reporting and data management
- Track payments efficiently and effectively and communicate directly with customers regarding payment issues (late payments, declined payments, refunds, etc)
- Provide a level of service that consistently surpasses expectations
- Provide customer feedback to the company – especially when there is an opportunity for deeper understanding of our audience and their needs/wants
- Be a champion of our sales policies and feel confident supporting them while at the same time being a champion of our customer
ASR Shift duties include:
- Manage day-of needs including: greeting patrons, merchandise sales, pre-show activity table, Birthday at the Show execution (when applicable)
- Complete and distribute performance reports to ECT Staff
- Assist in the management of venue supply needs (birthday, merchandise, playbills, marketing display)
- Make recommendations for ways to improve the customer experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- Attention to detail – excellent editing skills.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and willingness to handle new and different tasks.
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends and evenings for fundraising meetings or events.
- Ability to read sales records and type/enter sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Total Info, Patron Manager, Ticketmaster
- Excellent oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to theater and arts education.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
TO APPLY:Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.