Emerald City Theatre Job Opportunities (1)
Job Title: Summer Camp Coordinator
Type of employment: Seasonal
Reports to: Education Coordinator
About Emerald City Theatre
Emerald City’s mission is to celebrate all of Chicago’s children through playful, professional, and culturally relevant artistic programs that motivate young people to creatively face the world.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary season, ECT is one of Chicago’s most attended non-profit theater companies reaching children 0-13 years old through its three pillars of work, artistic, educations, and outreach.
Summer Camp Coordinator Job Description:
Summer Camp Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide execution and support for Emerald City Theatre’s 2017 Summer Camp programming at assigned offsite location.
- Represent the Education Department at assigned camp location. Be knowledgeable of and execute summer camp policies and procedures, including facility operations.
- Financial management of teacher supply budgets and inventory for assigned camp location.
- Manage supply, music, and first aid requests.
- Manage and execute registration at the beginning and end of each session.
- Manage and execute drop off and pick up procedures daily.
- Prepare and distribute parent, student, and staff communications.
- Respond to parent, teacher, and student issues and report on issues as necessary to Education Coordinator.
Schedule for Summer Camp Coordinator
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm
- 30 training hours before the start of camp
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with children ages 0-13
- Flexibility and ability to work proactively
- Works well both on a team and individually
- General understanding and passion for theatre for young audiences
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in theatre or education
- Administrative experience required, supervisory experience preferred
- CPR Pediatric certification required*
- Driver’s license required
*training can be obtained after hiring but must be obtained before first your first scheduled day of camp
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Education Coordinator, Nikkia Tyler, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.