Summer Camp 2017: Ages 10 – 13
July – August
Camps for ages 10-13 are 2 weeks long per session.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Summer Camp sessions for ages 10-13 are $900 per session.
Final performance on a professional stage; tickets are $10.
What To Expect
What To Expect At Camp
Let’s make a play! Engage in a full theatrical process culminating with a final performance for family and friends. Build confidence as you work with your ensemble on all the different aspects of a production.
- Creating a character, building an ensemble, and utilizing the actor’s tools
- Learning songs and choreography, practicing lines and scenes, creating costumes and props
- Using formal theater skills during rehearsal process
- One field trip to see a show and a master class with a guest teaching artist
- Theatrical skills: character development, musical performance, stage directions
- Life skills: following directions, confidence building, teamwork, and risk taking
- Strengthen motor skills through movement, learning rhythm and music
- 40 – 55-minute final performance on a professional stage; tickets are $10
- Campers have individual roles, memorize lines, and perform musical numbers with choreography
Is your desired camp sold out? Sign up for our wait list!
August 7-August 18
ADVANCED CAMP: School of Rock
Dewey might not be the best substitute teacher, but he sure knows how to rock! Join the most talented class at Horace Green Prep School as they prepare for their coolest class project to date – battle of the bands. Campers will explore zany characters and stage rockin’ musical numbers for a final show that is guaranteed to rock the house.
Please fill out an application online; you will be notified if approved.
- 9:00am-3:00pm at Menomonee Club
- Emerald City Theatre has the right to cancel a class one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a class is cancelled.
- No refunds available if purchaser drops a class or camp unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund less a $25 administrative fee will be given.
- Switch Fee: Beginning March 1, 2017, switching of dates/titles of camp will also incur an administrative fee.
- Grace Period: There will be NO FEE charged for cancellations or class switches made prior to March 1, 2017.