Advanced Camp 2018: Ages 7 – 13 and 9 – 13
June – July – August
Matilda for Ages 7 – 13 – Spots still available!
Advanced Camps for ages 7-13 and 9 – 13 are 2 weeks long per session.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Advanced Camps for ages 7-13 and 9 – 13 are $900 per session.
Final performance on a professional stage; tickets are $10.
What To Expect
What To Expect At Camp
Engage in a full theatrical process culminating with a final performance for family and friends. Build confidence as you work with your ensemble on all the different aspects of a production.
- Create a character, build an ensemble, and utilize the actor’s tools
- Learn songs and choreography, practice lines and scenes, create costumes and props
- Use formal theater skills during rehearsal process
- Performance master class from special guest artist
- Theatrical skills: character development, musical performance, stage directions
- Life skills: following directions, confidence building, teamwork, and risk taking
- Motor skills: movement, rhythm, and music
- 45 – 60-minute final performance on a professional stage; tickets are $10
- Campers have individual roles, memorize lines, and perform musical numbers with choreography
7 - 13
Is your desired camp sold out? Sign up for our waitlist!
August 6-August 17
ADVANCED CAMP: Matilda
Go on a magical journey led by Matilda, the smartest and most clever girl in school! Based on the beloved Roald Dahl novel, this is an extraordinary tale of underdogs who win big. Armed with sharp minds and vivid imaginations, campers will work their magic to defeat the Trunchbull and learn songs from the Tony Award-winning musical. On the final day of camp, students will perform in a plucky, heartwarming show for family and friends. Admission into this camp is by approval only. Please fill out an application online; you will be notified if approved.
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Menomonee Club
Emerald City Theatre has the right to cancel a camp up to one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a camp is canceled.
No refunds available if purchaser drops a camp unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund will be given after the deduction of a $25 administrative fee.
Switching of days/titles of a camp will also incur a $25 administrative fee.
Camp enrollment is only valid toward the season enrolled and cannot be applied to a camp in a later season.
Emerald City Theatre’s classes and camps are NUT-FREE environments. There is a strict no-sharing policy at all of our campuses.
Drop-off begins 15 minutes prior to the start of camp of class. Children must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after camp or class ends. After the 15-minute pickup window closes, a late fee of $1/per minute per child will be charged and due upon arrival.