Summer Camp 2018: Ages 3.5 – 5
June – July – August
Camps for ages 3.5-5 are 1 week long per session.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
or 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
What To Expect
What To Expect At Camp
Step into an imaginative world! Engage your voice, body, and mind to explore your favorite stories.
- Creative drama activities based on weekly theme
- Imagination games, simple songs and rhymes, crafts, and movement exercises
- Reading and creating new stories
- Introduction to theatrical skills – character creation, ensemble building and performing
- Life skills – listening, following directions, teamwork, confidence building
- Foster emerging literacy skills
- Strengthen gross and fine motor skills
- 15 – 20-minute family showcase
- Campers’ first experience performing in front of audience
- Snapshot of daily camp activities
Is your desired camp sold out? Sign up for our waitlist!
August 13-August 17
Fairy Tale Magic
In a magical far-away theater camp, campers will set out to explore the fascinating world of fairy tales. Teaching artists lead campers in bringing classic fairy tales to life while learning about conflict, character, setting, and even story structure. By working together, campers defeat the villains of the forest and create new tales of their own. On the last day of camp, grown-ups will come from far and wide to witness the campers’ fairy tale adventures.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Alphonsus Academy
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Newberry Elementary
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Waters Elementary
Potty Training Policy
A child must be three and a half by the start of camp and toilet-trained, to enroll in camp. To be considered fully toilet-trained, a child must be able to communicate the need for a bathroom prior to going, and must be completely independent and able to pull down pants, lift up a dress, wipe and redress themselves without assistance.
Emerald City Theatre has the right to cancel a camp up to one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a camp is canceled.
No refunds available if purchaser drops a camp unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund will be given after the deduction of a $25 administrative fee.
Switching of days/titles of a camp will also incur a $25 administrative fee.
Camp enrollment is only valid toward the season enrolled and cannot be applied to a camp in a later season.
Emerald City Theatre’s classes and camps are NUT-FREE environments. There is a strict no-sharing policy at all of our campuses.
Drop-off begins 15 minutes prior to the start of camp of class. Children must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after camp or class ends. After the 15-minute pickup window closes, a late fee of $1/per minute per child will be charged and due upon arrival.