Summer Camp 2018: Ages 5 – 6
June – July – August
Camps for ages 5-6 are 2 weeks long per session.
Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
(No camp on Wednesday, July 4)
Summer Camp sessions for ages 5-6 are $750 per session ($675 for camps during the July 4th week).
Emerald City Theatre offers aftercare at our Athenaeum Campus location for this age group.
- Aftercare hours are 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Parents may pick up their campers at any time.
- Aftercare cost is $250 per session. No daily rate is available for aftercare.
- Parents arriving after 6:00 PM will be charged $1 per minute per child.
What To Expect
What To Expect At Camp
Build a fantastical new world and become the imaginative characters who live in it! Spend two weeks bringing your favorite story to life.
- Creative drama and movement activities based on theme
- Imagination games, learning songs and choreography, and creating crafts
- Learning about the actor’s tools
- Building theatrical skills: character creation, ensemble building, and performing
- Life skills: listening, following directions, teamwork, and risk taking
- Foster emerging literacy skills
- Strengthen gross motor skills through movement and choreography
- 25 – 30-minute family showcase
- Mini-play based on theme
- Campers have roles and some memorized lines
Is your desired camp sold out? Sign up for our waitlist!
August 6-August 17
This sweet class is based on the beloved Roald Dahl novel, two hit movies, and the West End musical smash! Campers will bring to life the hightly imaginative world of Willy Wonka’s factory and learn classic songs. What will be found within the walls of the chocolate factory? Who will find the golden tickets? The surprises that await are nothing short of pure imagination! We’ll invite family and friends on their own tour of the factory during our final show on the last day of camp.
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Athenaeum Campus
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Newberry Elementary
Emerald City Theatre has the right to cancel a camp up to one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a camp is canceled.
No refunds available if purchaser drops a camp unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund will be given after the deduction of a $25 administrative fee.
Switching of days/titles of a camp will also incur a $25 administrative fee.
Camp enrollment is only valid toward the season enrolled and cannot be applied to a camp in a later season.
Emerald City Theatre’s classes and camps are NUT-FREE environments. There is a strict no-sharing policy at all of our campuses.
Drop-off begins 15 minutes prior to the start of camp of class. Children must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after camp or class ends. After the 15-minute pickup window closes, a late fee of $1/per minute per child will be charged and due upon arrival.