Summer Camp 2018: Ages 7 – 8
June – July – August
Advanced Camp: Matilda is also available for ages 7 – 13. More information and the application for admission can be found here.
Camps for ages 7-8 are 2 weeks long per session.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
(No camp Wednesday, July 4th)
Summer Camp sessions for ages 7-8 are $750 per session ($675 for camps during the July 4th week).
Royal George Theatre
Emerald City Theatre offers aftercare at our Athenaeum Campus location for this age group.
- Aftercare hours are 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Parents may pick up their campers at any time.
- Aftercare cost is $250 per session. No daily rate is available for aftercare.
- Parents arriving after 6:00 PM will be charged $1 per minute per child.
What To Expect
What To Expect At Camp
Engage in a full theatrical process culminating in a final performance for family and friends. Build confidence as you work with your ensemble on all the different aspects of a production.
- Create an ensemble and utilizing the actor’s tools
- Learn songs and choreography, practice lines and scenes, create costumes and props
- Use formal theater skills during rehearsal process
- Theatrical skills: character development, musical performance, stage directions
- Life skills: following directions, confidence building, teamwork, and risk taking
- Motor skills: movement, learning rhythm, and music
- 30 – 40-minute family showcase in a theatrical space
Is your desired camp sold out? Sign up for our waitlist!
August 6-August 17
Miguel Rivera has dreams of becoming a musician, but his family has banned music for generations. Campers will journey to the Land of the Dead on a mission to uncover the Riveras’ family history. With foot-tapping music and a heartwarming story, Coco’s final show will be sure to set the audience’s hearts singing!
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Newberry Elementary
Motunui is in trouble and Moana holds the key to the island’s rescue. With the help of demigod Maui, how far will she go to save her people? With songs by Tony Award-winning writer Lin-Manuel Miranda, take to the ocean to tell this story of bravery and self-discovery. With memorable characters and catchy tunes, students are sure to sing the songs of Moana long after the final performance.
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Athenaeum Campus
Emerald City Theatre has the right to cancel a camp up to one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a camp is canceled.
No refunds available if purchaser drops a camp unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund will be given after the deduction of a $25 administrative fee.
Switching of days/titles of a camp will also incur a $25 administrative fee.
Camp enrollment is only valid toward the season enrolled and cannot be applied to a camp in a later season.
Emerald City Theatre’s classes and camps are NUT-FREE environments. There is a strict no-sharing policy at all of our campuses.
Drop-off begins 15 minutes prior to the start of camp of class. Children must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after camp or class ends. After the 15-minute pickup window closes, a late fee of $1/per minute per child will be charged and due upon arrival.