Alexander and the
Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Books and Lyrics by Judith Viorst
Music by Shelly Markham
February 18 – June 17, 2012
Some days are just epically horrid. Alexander is having that day—no dessert at lunch, kissing on tv, railroad pajamas and no one EVEN CARES! In this larger-than-life musical written by the classic picture book’s author even the inanimate objects come alive to conspire against Alexander. And how do you deal with all this frustration? It’s time to pack for Australia.
The Gateway Theme for Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is FAIRNESS
To start conversations about Fairness before or after the show, check out the Alexander Study Guide and Parent Guide:
What is an Emerald City Gateway Theme?
A gateway theme is a topic of conversation for you and your early learners explored before, during, and after the show.
Mother’s Day at Alexander
Join us for a special performance on Sunday, May 13th at 1pm celebrating the Moms that help us all get through Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days. Mom gets...
- A sweet deal: Use discount code NOGOOD for a free adult ticket with purchase of child ticket
- A sweet treat: Indulge in chocolate before the show!
- A sweet surprise: Mom gets a special gift at the show!
Girl Scout Day at Alexander
- Bring your troop to the theatre on May 26th, at 10:30 am for special Girl Scout Day programming! Meet the cast and do theatre activities after the show, and get a special Emerald City patch!
- To book call 773.529.2690
- Special event fee of $7/ticket applies.
Photos of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Go behind the scenes with Emerald City's blog
Performances of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very, Bad Day are at the Apollo Theater in Lincoln Park.