Student Matinee Series
Book your field trip today for the 2012-2013 Student Matinee season!
At just $7 per ticket a field trip to Emerald City Theatre is a great way to introduce kids to their favorite stories live on stage.
Student Matinee Shows
To book your school group:
- Call us at 773-529-2690 x10
- Email us at email@example.com
- Reserve your field trip online now
Home School Families!
Please join us at the theater for any student performance during the season at a special $7 rate. To purchase tickets, please call the Apollo Box Office at 773-935-6100 and mention you are a home school group for the discounted price. Service fees may apply. See you at the theater!
Field Trip Booking Specifications
- Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
- Ticket rates for our student matinees are $7/ticket
- Each person attending the show (children, teachers, and chaperones) needs a ticket
- A 50% deposit is due to Emerald City two weeks after booking your reservation. Contracts are not valid until deposits have been received.
- Final counts and balance is due two weeks prior to the performance.
- Deposits and final payments are non-refundable.
- Please notify Emerald City in advance if any special assistance, such as handicapped seating, is needed.
About Performance Day
- For performances beginning at 10:15am, please arrive at the Apollo Theater (located at 2540 N. Lincoln Ave) as close to 9:45 AM as possible. For performances beginning at 12pm, please arrive at the Apollo Theater as close to 11:30am as possible.
- Please keep the children on the bus upon arrival until an Emerald City Theatre representative greets you. The Emerald City Theatre representative will make a few announcements to your group and let you know when and where to unload the bus.
- After each student matinee, there is a short talkback with the actors. Please remain in your seats after the talkback, and the house manager will dismiss groups as their buses arrive.
- For problems or questions on show day contact the Manager on Duty at 312-405-2049 (This number is only for day-of show needs. For all other questions please call the regular administrative office number.)
- Starting Monday at 5pm of each performance week, any schools scheduled for that week must purchase any additional tickets through the Apollo Box Office. Schools may still buy tickets at the $7 rate, but the tickets will not be next to the rest of the group. Service fees may apply to these additional tickets.
- A 50% deposit is due to Emerald City two weeks after booking your reservation. We have flexible payment plans, however, so make sure to let us know if this will not work with your group. If your deposit is more than a week late and we haven’t heard from you, your tickets will be released.
- If a group must switch out of a performance or cancel a reservation less than two weeks before the performance date, a $75 fee will apply.
Directions to the Apollo Theater
From Lake Shore Drive exit at W Fullerton Ave, travel west. Turn right on N Halsted, left on W Wrightwood, and left on N Lincoln (hard left at a six-corner intersection). The theater is just past the el-track on the west side of the street.
From I-90/94 exit at W Fullerton Ave, and travel east. Turn left on N Seminary, right on W Wrightwood, and right on N Lincoln (soft left at a six-corner intersection). The theater is just past the el-track on the west side of the street.
Keep the children on the bus upon arrival until an Emerald City Theatre representative greets you. The representative will make a few announcements to your group and let you know when and where to unload the bus. They will also let you know what time to come back to pick the group up.
The best place for buses to park is near Graceland Cemetery at W Irving Park Rd and N Clark St. Continue south on N Lincoln Ave, turn left on N Halsted, left on N Clark, and continue on to W Irving Park Rd. Park between the train tracks and N Clark.
Information for Bus Drivers
- Emerald City Theatre Company performances take place at the Apollo Theater, located at 2540 N. Lincoln Avenue.
- For drop off and pick up, the buses should be facing south on Lincoln Ave.
- Do not pull into the driveway, instead pull up along the curb next to the Apollo Theater.
- An Emerald City Theatre representative will let you know what time to come back to pick the group up. The best place for buses to park is near Graceland Cemetery at Irving Park Road and Clark. Continue south on Lincoln, turn left on Halsted, left on Clark, and continue on to Irving Park Road. Park between the train tracks and Clark.
Field Trip Fundraising Resources
We know that money is sometimes the biggest obstacle when trying to bring your students on a field trip. Here are a few ideas we’ve heard from educators like you.
- Target Store Grants: Target funds arts programs that bring the arts to schools or make it affordable for youth and families to participate in cultural experiences, such as school touring programs, field trips to the theater or symphony, or artists residencies and workshops in schools.
- NEA Partners - Arts Education: The National Endowment for the Arts provides direct grants in arts education, collaborates in federal, state, and public-private partnerships, and conducts research on arts education for the K-12 community and lifelong learners.
- Goodsearch & Goodshop: GoodSearch is a search engine which donates 50% of its revenue to the charities and schools designated by its users. You use GoodSearch exactly as you would any other search engine. In 2007, GoodSearch was expanded to include GoodShop, an online shopping mall of world-class merchants dedicated to helping fund worthy causes across the country. Each purchase made via the GoodShop mall results in a donation to the user's designated charity or school – averaging approximately 3% of the sale, but going up to 20% or even more.
Have a successful fundraising idea to share? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.