Work with Us
Arts & Education Administrator
Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
Special events, as needed
This role is responsible for overseeing day-to-day box office operations including processing sales, ticket system management, and customer service standards. They will provide support to the Front of House Supervisor, who oversees performance operations.
This role acts as the primary point person for all in-bound calls and manages the general company email. They are responsible for ensuring consistently excellent customer experiences, and thorough communication across departments.
- Maintain general company email account, responding in a timely manner to all patron communications.
- Answer phones, direct and transfer calls, respond to voicemails in a timely manner.
- Execute communication plans as needed by Education and Development departments, including but not limited to camp/class low enrollment or cancellation notifications, event reminders, payment requests.
- Fulfill & respond to ticket donation requests
- Manage payment processing for groups, student matinees, educational programs, and development events.
- Respond to public and student group sale requests and assist with scheduling, pricing, and contract creation.
- Regularly communicate with patrons regarding outstanding receivables, including deposit and balance reminder emails, and invoicing.
- Accurately track payment schedules and update CRM accordingly.
- Fulfill comp requests through accurate and timely communications with venue box offices.
- Communicate with One Fund winning schools, scheduling field trip dates and ad hoc communications as needed.
This role is a champion for data organization and systems management. Working across departments, this individual prioritizes clean data and consistently conducts tasks to align systems and maximize outcomes.
- Act as Patron Manager Captain, training new staff members, troubleshooting based on departmental needs, implementing system upgrades, and upholding best practices.
- Build all events in Patron Manager and forms in Formstack, integrating with Patron Manager as needed, in a timely manner.
- Clean purchaser data provided by performance venues in alignment with system historicals. Import into Patron Manager and cleanly deduplicate in a timely manner.
- Consistently manage inventory updates, adjusting across systems as needed and cross-checking systems to ensure integrity.
- Consistently complete daily data tasks such as: qualifying contacts, ticket orders, and donations, connecting ticket order items with camp registrations and birthday parties, updating partner venue sales information, deduplicating contacts, etc.
As the primary purchaser of merchandise, this person will research, plan, and purchase show-specific merchandise as well as create and maintain inventory tracking.
- Research and plan show-specific merchandise, maximizing potential net and enhancing the educational value of the production.
- Working closely with FOH Supervisor, monitor sales and assess re-ordering needs and potential discounting.
- Complete detailed tracking of expense and revenue, reconciling monthly, and updating company dashboards weekly.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates must have a minimum 2-4 years professional work experience, preferably in customer service, arts administration or a cultural organization environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence.
- Possess a high level of professionalism, initiative and integrity.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and willingness to handle new and different tasks.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Contribute ideas and solutions, and regularly seek new opportunities.
- Occasional nights and weekends are required in support of special events or fundraisers.
- Commitment to theater, arts education, and Chicago’s children.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Patron Manager, preferred.
Emerald City Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, vacation pay, and paid sick leave.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send:
- A resume listing applicable experience
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position
- Please send materials to email@example.com
Production & Design
Thank you for your interest in working with Emerald City Theatre. There are no Production & Design positions available at this time. Please check back soon!