Read More, Be More 2019
Read More, Be More: A Celebration of Arts and Literacy
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 | 5:30 PM
Event Host Karen Jordan of ABC7 News and Event Co-Chairs Sharon Book and Mary Ellen Messner cordially invite you to support
Emerald City Theatre at Read More, Be More: A Celebration of Arts and Literacy.
Enjoy food, wine and beer, entertainment, and civic awards presentations at the exciting new Theater on the Lake at Fullerton Parkway and Lakeshore Drive. This event supports the programs of Emerald City Theatre as we help children creatively face the world.
Tickets are currently sold out. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please email Michael Rashid, Development Manager.
You can still support this event and Emerald City Theatre’s mission to help Chicago’s children creatively face the world!
Read More, Be More
A Celebration of Arts and Literacy
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 | 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Theater on the Lake
2401 N Lake Shore Drive at Fullerton Parkway (valet available)
Join Emerald City Theatre in supporting the advancement of literacy and the arts in Chicago Public Schools at Read More, Be More!
Your attendance will help Emerald City Theatre (a non-profit organization) provide meaningful support to help Chicago’s children creatively face the world by:
- Creating theater that represents diverse communities and inspires early readers
- Building self-confidence and teamwork through arts education classes and residencies
- Supporting under-resourced schools by providing a free play and free companion book to low-income CPS students
Business or cocktail attire.
Valet parking is available at Theatre on the Lake for $25. Please note cars are parked offsite and may require additional retrieval time. Parking is also available at the Lincoln Park Zoo lot with entrance off Fullerton. Rates may be has high as $35 dollars, with discounted or free parking for Zoo Members.
Transit & Rideshare:
Theater on the Lake is accessible by a number of CTA bus routes: 22 Clark bus, 36 Broadway bus on Clark, 76 Diversey bus, and 151 Sheridan bus on Stockton. Rideshare services and taxis are encouraged, with easy and convenient drop-off right outside the venue.
Event Ticket: $150
- Standard ticket
- Buffet and passed appetizers
- Drink selections
- Silent auction
- Awards ceremony and entertainment
Patron Pair: $500
- Two VIP tickets with offerings listed above, plus preferred reserved seating
- Listing on the printed invitation (with commitment by January 10, 2019)
- Listing on the event’s printed program (with commitment by February 8, 2019)
Private Table of 10: $1,500
Silent Auction & Raffle
Our Silent Auction & Raffle are now live!
Bid online on our fantastic set of prizes, including:
- A one-of-a-kind galley proof of Mary Pope Osborne’s newest, soon-to-be released Magic Tree House book – including her original notations, the full text and illustrations, and signature! A rare and must-have opportunity for book collectors of all ages!
- 4-Day Passes to Lollapalooza, with guests including Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, and MANY more!
- VIP Passes to a taping of Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!
- Tickets to Disney’s Aladdin at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC!
- Sports tickets galore, plus a signed jersey from Chicago Cubs legend Jon Lester!
Raffle More, Win More!
Enter online and win VIP tickets to Hamilton, or a Cubs Dream Pack featuring tickets to a game AND a baseball and photo signed by Kerry Wood! You do not need to be present at the event to win!
All proceeds from our silent auction and raffle benefit Emerald City Theatre, a non-profit organization, and our mission to help all of Chicago’s children creatively face the world. Thank you!
Emerald City Theatre’s Read More, Be More would not be possible without the
hard work and dedication of our 2019 event committee:
Event Committee Co-Chairs:
Mary Ellen Messner
ABC7’s Karen Jordan
Karen Cardarelli, Executive Director
Jacqueline Stone, Artistic Director
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Emerald City Sponsors
Sharon & Neil Book
Ruby Slipper Sponsors
Laura & Tony Davis and Linden Capital Partners
Charlene & William Tomazin, Jr.
Yellow Brick Road Sponsors
Holly Johnson Carr & Tom Carr
Eric & Laurie Chern
The Silberg Family
Julia Turk & Arnold Davis
Jessica Dunne & Brian Reshefsky
Ashley & Mike Joyce
David R. May & Lois A. Scott
Mike Temkin – Shaker Recruitment Marketing
Sponsorships are available. Click here to view and download more information.